Chicken Breast with Apricot & Green Peppercorns
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 12
Total time: 22
- 8 Large dried apricots, rehydrated, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 125 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tspns drained green peppercorns
- 2 tspns chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 2 tspns chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 chicken breasts with skin on
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Extra virgin oil for fying
- Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Rehydrate the apricots in the apple cider vinegar - place the liquid and the apricots in a saucepan and gently simmer on the stove until the apricots are plump
- Remove from the stove and allow to cool slightly.
- Strain the apricots (save the liquid) and roughly chop.
- Mix the butter, apricots, peppercorns, lemon thyme and parsley together in a bowl by hand - this prevents the ingredients from breaking up too much.
- Divide the butter mix into four and push under the skin of each chicken breast using your fingers. Finish by running your hand over the skin to create a smooth surface.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium- high heat.
- Add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Season each breast with salt and then sear each breast in the pan, skin side down first.
- Turn over until both sides are golden brown.
- Transfer breasts to a shallow baking dish and place in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until cooked through (depending on the size of the breasts)
- Once cooked remove from the oven and immediately pour over the liquid from the apricots and the chicken stock. Cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes
- Serve chicken breasts with juices from the baking dish and sides of carrot, snow peas, cauliflower and baby potatoes