Piri Piri Chicken
A delicious spicy easy bake recipe
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 45
Total time: 60
Cuisine: South African
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 tblspns piri piri barbeque seasoning
- 2 tspns olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 750 grams chat potatoes - quartered
- 250 grams vine cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tbspns fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedges to serve
- chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Combine chicken and seasoning in a large bowl. Massage well to coat
- Heat oil in a large flameproof roasting pan over high heat, add chicken - skin side down.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until skin golden brown - transfer to a plate
- Add the chicken stock to the roasting pan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat after turning stove off.
- Arrange potatoes, tomatoes and onion over the base of the roasting pan
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables - skin side up
- Pour over lemon juice
- Cook in hot oven 200 °C for approx 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with side salad and lemon wedges
You can replace the chicken thighs with drumsticks or Marylands if you prefer.